Saturday, June 19, 2010

Shark vs. Train by Chris Barton and Tom Lichtenheld

Two boys race to the toy box where one pulls out a shark, the other a train.

Thus begins the competition...who will win?

It depends on the situation of course...are they in the ocean?  Roasting marshmallows?  Playing hide-and-seek?  Running lemonade stands?

It sure to to be a fierce battle.

What I Thought:
Oh my, what a ridiculously fun book!  This book will be a guaranteed hit and I can't wait to pass it along to some kids who I think will love it too!

As you can tell from the cover, the illustrations are super fun and extremely will done.   The story is so creative as the two characters battle out who would be better in a wide range of situations.  I can totally foresee kids everywhere creating their own contests on their own toys---and maybe even creating their own little stories and illustrations to accompany those contest!

Give this book to kids everywhere...they are bound to love it!

Very highly recommended.

Want to see more?  Check it out on Amazon: Shark vs. Train by Chris Barton and Tom Lichtenheld.

Reviewed from a library copy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Tom LIchtenheld, illustrator of Shark vs. Train. Thank you for your kind words about our book, Chris and I both appreciate it. You can see all of my books at tomlichtenheld.com