Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Marley Goes to School by John Grogan, illustrated by Richard Cowdrey



It's Cassie's first day of school and Marley, Cassie's yellow lab, is ready to go with her. And why wouldn't he? Marley is Cassie's best friend and he goes everywhere with her.

But when Marley doesn't get to go with Cassie to school, he just doesn't understand.

Marley digs out of the backyard and heads to school where he has a lovely good time causing lots of chaos.

What I Thought:
A rowdy good time!

I'm a fan of Marley, especially right now that I'm begging hubby to let us get a dog! Marley is such a lovable puppy who simply loves life the fullest. To his family, he's definitely a handful!

I like the illustrations, they are quite realistic and remind me of books my grandmother had at her house. Something about them make me think "classic." The page where Cassie heads off to school with her family and Marley is left watching from the backyard is heartbreaking. I literally teared up looking into Marley's sad face. But flip a couple of pages and you'll be chuckling at Marley posed as a student in a classroom!

Kids will love Marley's adventure at school!

Recommended.

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: Marley Goes to School by John Grogan, illustrated by Richard Cowdrey.

Reviewed from a library copy.

No comments: