Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer



Bella is a teenager from Phoenix who has just moved to the small town of Forks, WA to live with her dad. When she starts school at the very local high school, she seems to make friends easily. But this one guy...Edward Cullen tends to blow her off.

One day Edward literally saves her life revealing some superhuman abilities, and from that moment on it seems that Edward and Bella are inseparable.

Then Edward reveals who he truly is: a vampire. But it's too late: Bella is in love.

Thus begins an adventure that is full of romance, adventure, and life threatening danger.

Did I mention the vampires?

What I Thought:
Um, WOW. I have put off reading this book for some time now, but at a friend's request I gave it a shot. I actually listened to most of this book via CD over the course of a couple of weeks. (How I cherished my commutes to work and to Nashville! I actually cheered for traffic!) But when I concluded my last road trip and realized that I only had a couple of chapters left, I grabbed my copy of the book and curled up in bed for the amazing conclusion.

While some of the language drove me bonkers (I mean really, how often do we really need to hear how beautiful Edward is?), I think that this book is deserving of all the hype and mania that it has received over the past year or so. In fact, I have continued the mania and pushed this book off on everyone who listens.

So, listen! If you haven't read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, you need to go get a copy and read it right now. You won't be able to put it down! I already have the next three books purchased and ready to read!

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.

One last thing: the Twilight movie releases on November 21. I highly recommend that you read the book before you see the movie.

No comments: