Thursday, December 30, 2010

Spaceheadz by Jon Scieszka, illustrations by Francesco Sedita

It's the first day at a new school for Michael K. when he is put into a group two very strange kids.  One had eaten half his pencil, the other told him they were from another planet.

Um-kay.

Michael K. just wants to get away from them, but throughout the day the two stick by his side, tell him all about SPCHDZ and why they need to recruit 3.14 million people or else the planet will be turned off.

What's up with these kids?  Could they really be aliens from outer space?

What I Thought:
Oh, Jon Scieszka.  Just when I think I can't enjoy your work any more, you come out with a gem like this!  It's a fun, and wacky book that I have no doubt that many kids will eat up and ask for more. 

One of my favorite sections of this book is the chapter where the hamster tries to explain what's happening....in hamster.

A fantastic book that you don't want to miss!

Highly recommended.

Want to see more?  Check out Spaceheadz by Jon Scieszka, illustrations by Francesco Sedita.

Reviewed from a library copy.

Book two is out now!  I can't wait to read that!

No comments: