Monday, July 05, 2010

What I Love

A couple of weeks ago I decided that I wanted to reread Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer before the movie came out.  I typically feel very guilty about rereading books as my list of books to read for the first time is quite long!  It doesn't help that I feel spectacularly under read, which does not bode well for my professions.

Of course, if I cut out some TV, this problem may be thwarted.  But, I digress.

So when I finished Eclipse, I of course needed to reread Breaking Dawn.  So I did. 

And here is what I love:

I LOVE when I know how a book ends (because I've already read it) but I cannot remember EXACTLY how the ending happened.  It was like reading it for the first time having the knowledge that everything will be okay.  The journey to get there was practically new!   All the details came rushing back, creating that sense of excitement and drama.  It was awesome.

This is a pretty exciting discovery.  I've decided that I will reread the entire Harry Potter series comes out before November when Harry Potter 7, Part I comes out.  So while I know what happens, I'm excited to dive back into Rowling's world and relive all the wonderful details that creates the journey to the end.  It'll be almost like new! 

No comments: