Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

In this memoir, Justin looks back on many of the conversations he and his dad have shared over the years. 

What I Thought: 
HILARIOUS!

My husband follows Justin's twitter feed and has literally laughed until tears ran down his face.  When this book arrived at the library last week, I couldn't wait to bring it home so we could read it.  My sweet hubby let me read it first!  He got so tired of me trying to read some of the funny quotes to him aloud (I was laughing so hard that I couldn't get the whole phrase out in one breath) that he kindly requested that I not share...he just would read it himself.  :)

It's obvious by the title that this is not a kids book!  If you're easily offended by language this is NOT the book for you.  But if you're looking for a book that will make you laugh, this is it.  Justin's dad definitely shares what he thinks, and doesn't sugarcoat those thoughts with anything.  But through all the crazy conversations and quotes, it is very obvious that Mr. Halpern loves his family and only wants to see his children grow up to be great human beings.

As briefly mentioned, this book came from a twitter feed that is wildly popular...and in the fall CBS will have a show by the same name featuring William Shatner.   I'm interested to see how it turns out!  (And quite interested to see how they tone down the language.)

Recommended.

Want to see more?  Check it out on Amazon: Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern.

Reviewed from a library copy.

No comments: