Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Eclipse The Movie

I went and saw The Twilight Saga: Eclipse on opening day.  I didn't go with many of my friends who saw the midnight showing...I had to be spunky for work that day!  But I did grab a ticket to a matinee on the 30th.

I like it!  I probably made the mistake of rereading the book just before the movie came out so I critiqued every bit of the film and it's accuracy to Stephenie Meyer's text. 

The movie was pretty good!  I think the producers did a great job sticking with the text and including all the major plot points and many of my favorite one liners.  I even giggled some out loud!

There were several points that were seriously changed from the book, but I understand that had to be done to keep the movie plot moving and perhaps even to tie some parts together that would have taken too long in the movie. 

I think I liked New Moon better though. 


But wait...before you begin the flogging...I have a theory. 

Eclipse is my favorite book...New Moon was my least favorite.  I didn't have high expectations for the New Moon movie, I had HUGE expectations for the Eclipse movie.  Maybe too high! 

Anyway, I'm leaving all the plot points out for those who haven't seen it yet.  I don't want to be a spoiler! 

I am rather looking forward to seeing the movie again...perhaps a second viewing will change my views!

If you haven't seen it...go see it!  It's a good one!


2 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's funny. I have't seen the movie, but most people I talked to liked this one better than New Moon.

ttulizzy said...

Yeah, I totally got ripped on my FB page when I said I liked New Moon better. Oh well! Eclipse is pretty good, I'm just weird. :)