Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bad Boys Get Henpecked by Margie Palatini, illustrated by Henry Cole



The Bad Boys are back, and they are hungry for some chicken! They devise a plan to disguise themselves like roosters, visit the hen house and offer handyman service, after which they will leave with something yummy to eat.

Sometimes the best plans are foiled...

When they get there, the hen is so excited to see them as she is needing some extra help around the house. But much to the surprise of the wolves the hen takes off and leaves a hefty to-do list and lots of baby chicks to supervise!

Whew! Will the Bad Boys accomplish their goal or will the job be too much for them to handle?

What I Thought:
The "Bad Boys" book are some of my favorites out there! One of my college professors read this to us, and I still remember the way that she read it. "Those boys were bad!"

Anyway, enough of memory lane. This is a super fun book and kids will eat it up! I think I may read this one for school age storytime soon! I love the illustrations, they are fun to explore and the expressions of the different characters really add to the text.

Very highly recommended.

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: Bad Boys Get Henpecked by Margie Palatini, illustrated by Henry Cole.

No comments: