Monday, December 01, 2008

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer



A broken heart.

A budding friendship, or maybe more?

Life threatening, impending danger.

A terrifying trip to Europe.

These are just a few things to look forward to in New Moon, the sequel of Stephenie Meyer's book Twilight. Bella continues to live in Forks, Washington and encounter supernatural beings.

It's a book you won't want to miss!

What I thought:
This is probably one of the more difficult reviews to write because I did not want to give any part of the story away in the book! I know that Twilight fans cherish this story and would be disappointed if any part of the story was ruined. I know I would be!

I thought this book was a bit slow going in the beginning, but the end made the journey very much worth it.

I will not permit myself to say any more, only to say that this book is a wonderful addition to the Twilight story.

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: New Moon by Stephenie Meyer.

2 comments:

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Warning...potential spoliers! A lot of my friends who are Twilight fans say this is their least favorite book in the series. Partly becasue it's slow and partly because it's so depressing. The depression is one of the main reasons I like the book. Stephenie Meyer really shows how depressed Bella is. I don't think it's easy to write like that.

ttulizzy said...

So true Bridget, Meyer does an excellent job portraying how depressed Bella was. I love the month jumps, I thought my book had a misprint.

And I got pretty mad when I thought I was going to have to WAIT to read the book. Then I realized she was portraying the movement of time.

I'm only on Eclipse, but so far 2 is my least favorite. We'll see how the rest go.