Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Movie Review: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

I've been meaning to see this movie for a while:



Carmen, Tibby, Lena & Bridget have grown up together, but have separated ways to attend different colleges. Carmen, who narrates this story, is especially excited for this summer as she has had a hard first year of college and is missing her beloved friends very badly. However, much to her surprise, each of the girls has their own plans for the summer, taking them out of town and away from each other again.

So the summer continues and each of the girls continue their personal journey of growth. They will learn that even though space and circumstances may separate them, their friendship is strong enough to withstand all things.

What I thought:

A simply wonderful movie!!

I really wanted to see it in the theater, but just didn't get around to it. But when good old Netflix delivered straight to my door, I couldn't wait to watch it.

I thought it was a great movie! I loved how they brought in storylines from books 2-4 of the Sisterhood of the Traveling pants books and made it cohesive. I'm sure that fans of the books would have loved to see a movie made from each of the individual novels, but I think this movie did the books justice.

While it's been a couple of years since I've read the books or seen the first movie, but this movie brought it all back. I just may have to pull out my books and re-read this delightful story of four friends who share a magical pair of pants along with learning about life and growing up.

No comments: