Friday, January 21, 2011

Miss Brooks Loves Books (and I don't) by Barbara Bottner, illustrated by Michael Emberley





Miss Brooks loves books and wants her students to love them too!  But our narrator doesn't like books so much...they are too flowery, furry, or even yippety. 

But she has to bring a favorite book to class for Book Week.  Will our friend find a great book?

What I Thought:
I must have this book for my collection because Miss Brooks rocks!  I love her enthusiasm for books and her love for learning. 

And I hope to be just like her one day! 

I love that the little girl isn't such a fan of books...she's your typical reluctant reader.  But she FINALLY finds a book she adores and is excited about! 

Great illustrations and just a fun, relevant story.  There IS a book out there for everyone!

Recommended.

Want to see more?  Check it out on Amazon: Miss Brooks Loves Books (and I don't) by Barbara Bottner, illustrated by Michael Emberley.

Reviewed from a public library copy.  

No comments: