Sunday, November 22, 2009

Movie Review: Twilight Saga: New Moon

I liked it. A lot.



I'm not going to lie. I wasn't planning on seeing this movie for a couple weeks, at least until all the screeching teenagers had seen it and I wouldn't have to worry about shrieks in the theater every time Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner bared their chest.

However, a friend (thanks Tammy!) had an extra ticket for the Friday night show, and I got to go! And I was pumped.

We saw it in a smaller theater in a small town, and I think the average age of the audience was in its 30's! I thought that was totally awesome, I love when grown ladies embrace their inner 14 year old! I never want to lose my inner child/teenager!

Okay, back to the movie.

I had low expectations. I thought the first movie was disappointing. (Check out my review here.)

However, this movie exceeded my expectations! I was very glad they got rid of a lot of that cheesy dialogue. I thought that overall, the effects were okay, and they captured the story.

Granted, its been a year since I read the book, so if that was fresh on my mind I may feel differently. But right now, I like it.

I was most excited for the Italy scenes, and I thought they did well.

Overall, I approved. I really want to see it again. Even more, I want to re-read the books! Unfortunately, we are in the process of moving to a new house and they are packed away in a pile of boxes. Dilemma!

Twilight Saga: Eclipse will be released June 30, 2010. Can't wait!

No comments: