Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm a Turkey by Jim Arnosky



In honor Thanksgiving...a book about turkeys!

Tom the Turkey introduces readers what it is like to be a turkey, from how they communicate, fly and look.

Book includes a link to download the text in song form.

What I Thought:
A fun book! We read this book during Preschool Storytime this week and the kids seemed to enjoy it. I wish I had the forethought to download the song so we could listen to it while working on our turkey craft.

I especially loved the illustrations, they were bright and colorful; the turkeys had animated facial expressions.

Tom the turkey speaks directly to the readers, and invites them to "gobble" at the next turkey they see...it may be him!

A fun book!

Recommended.

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: I'm a Turkey by Jim Arnosky.

Reviewed from a library copy.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Gobble, gobble!

No comments: