Monday, March 23, 2009

Uh-oh Cleo: Underpants on My Head by Jessica Harper, illustrated by Jon Berkeley



Cleo and her family head to the mountains to visit their grandma, and after an interesting plane ride they finally arrive.

Cleo's parents take her and her twin Jack and their older sister Jenna to a cabin further in the mountains where they hike Mt. Baldy. Who knew when they got to the top it would snow. Scratch that....who knew that they would be stuck in a blizzard? Where they would have to use underwear as hats?

What I Thought:
A very cute book, and one I think kids will giggle over. I mean, what could be funnier to a 6 or 7 year old than underpants on one's head?

This book is written for early chapter readers. It is quite short and manageable for readers who are ready for more of a challenge. It even has a few pictures to enhance the story.

One thing I wish the author had done was to provide a little more background on her family. The first book, Uh-Oh Cleo, gives lots of information on the Small family and their six children but this book just jumps into the story. It's been a while since I had read the first one so I was a bit confused on who was who. (But ya know, I'm old and I bet kids would remember stuff like that better than me!)

Overall, a fun book. Recommended.

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: Uh-oh Cleo: Underpants on My Head by Jessica Harper, illustrated by Jon Berkeley.

No comments: