Sunday, March 29, 2009

Three Willows: The Sisterhood Grows by Ann Brashares



Sometimes growing up is hard.

Three Willows is the story of a friendship bound by the past, but the future looks troublesome for the trio as each person branches out and follows individual interests.

But during the summer before their freshman year of high school, Ama, Polly and Jo will each experience very different adventures that not only test their friendship, but also learn much about themselves.

What I Thought:
I was so excited to get my hands on this latest release by Ann Brashares, author of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.

I was not disappointed! This book is kind of like a "spin off" of the Sisterhood series. A few of the characters make an appearance and the "legend of the pants" is a large part of the story.

I loved how this book's premise is that the girl's once strong friendship is not as strong, almost non-existent. As they trio has gone through junior high school individual interests emerged along with the peer pressure that comes along with this age.

However, as each girl goes on a summer adventure they each realize how important that friendship is and has really never gone away.

Highly recommended.

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: Three Willows: The Sisterhood Grows by Ann Brashares


Bonus! Click here for an interview that Amazon did with Brashares introducing Three Willows. Click here for a book teaser and introduction to each of the three girls.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting this review, Liz! I saw this book at B&N and wondered what it was about. I look forward to checking it out. I loved all four books of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, so I'm excited about this spin off =)