Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Southern Festival of Books: Part Three

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to the Southern Festival of Books.  I had such a good time, that I decided to write several posts.  Here is Part I if you want to start from the beginning, and here is part two!

After the "Make Your Own Yoda" event featuring Tom Angleburger, Dad had to leave but I stuck around.  I went a session about "Contemporary Military Families" featuring Dana Reinhardt, author of The Things a Brother Knows and Sara Lewis Holmes, author of Operation Yes.

This was a great talk where each author talked about and read from their books.  I haven't read either of them, but both are high up on my "to read" list.

And that was Saturday!

On Sunday I headed back to the festival to hear Louis Sachar speak.  I was super excited!  He gave a great talk about his newest book The Cardturner.  He also answered questions.  Did you know he had an extra role in the movie Holes?  He was the guy that had onion juice poured on his head.  He also discussed his writing style.

After his talk, I headed out to get my book signed.

Me and Louis Sachar!  How awesome!!!


And here is my signed book.  This is getting Newbery buzz...how cool would that be?  I can't wait to read it.

Speaking of books to read, I came back with a long list of books I now want to read!   I hope to get to them soon!  I had a wonderful time at the Southern Festival of Books and am looking forward to next year! 

Now...back to studying for comps.  We're under three weeks away!

No comments: