Saturday, May 22, 2010

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan


Will Grayson, meet Will Grayson.

Huh?

This is a story of two Will Grayson's, one a high school student is struggling with relationships and his personal mantra is to X and is best friends to a huge guy named Tiny Cooper.  The other Will Grayson is a high school student in another city who struggles with depression and when he befriends a wonderful guy online, he is very happy. 

The two just happen to meet each other on a horrible night in Chicago when all the plans go wrong. 

But as a result, could everything go right?


What I Thought:
I was looking forward to this book, and I was totally not disappointed.  These two guys can tell a story!  I loved how each chapter is alternated with each author taking on a Will Grayson voice.  I love how the two characters live intertwine, but more indirectly through another character.  Genius!

There are tons of great quotes in this book.  I laughed aloud, was super sad, wanted to stand up and cheer and said "brilliant" a lot of times to myself.  (I read it on an airplane.  People would have looked at me weird if I said it aloud.)

This book does have some content that some may not appreciate, so it's probably most appropriate for older high school students and above.  Especially in more conservative communities. 

Overall, this is an awesome book!  It's a story about finding, loving and accepting yourself and friends, just as they are!

Very highly recommended.  

Want to see more?  Check it out on Amazon: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.

Reviewed from a library copy, and I now own a copy!

No comments: