Friday, May 21, 2010

NEW BOOKS from Books of Wonder

We just got back from a fantastic trip to New York City, where I had to make a trip to one of the best places on this Earth...Books of Wonder bookstore. 

Here I am outside the store with my bag of goodies.  Hooray!

So without further ado, here's the loot:

I was good!  I wanted to buy the whole store, but the ol' pocketbook just won't allow that to happen!

A signed copy of this year's Caldecott medal winner, The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney.



A signed copy of Looking for Alaska by John Green.



A signed copy by Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.  (Which I finished yesterday and is WONDERFUL.  I'll post a review of it tomorrow or Sunday.) 

I also bought a professional development book about ways to incorporate families into reading.  It's got tons of great activities coordinating with a bunch of really great novels.  Hope to use that soon!

Because I spent over a certain amount of money, I got to get a free book so I chose Anne of Green Gables.   You can never go wrong with that book!

Anyway, I had lots of fun.  I can't wait to go back and check out what's new! 

No comments: