Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Gone with the Wand by Margie Palatini illustrations by Brian Ajhar



Oh no! The fairy godmother is having a bad wand day! Nothing is going right.

In this story told by the tooth fairy, they work diligently to find the fairy godmother a new fairy occupation.

What I Thought:
I so love Margie Palatini! I read Bad Boys in college, but recently read her other books during some school-age storytimes and was simply enamored. I was so excited when this book arrived, I'd hear lots of good things about it...and was not disappointed!

I think this book has such a great premise, a story told by the tooth fairy about finding a new fairy job for the waning fairy godmother. She tries all sorts of new jobs: snow fairy, fairy dusting, sugarplum fairy...nothing works. Will she ever find a job?

The illustrations are fantastic, and enhance the story nicely. The story is fun and is sure to please kids everywhere.

Highly Recommended.

Want to see more? Check it out on Amazon: Gone with the Wand by Margie Palatini illustrations by Brian Ajhar

No comments: