Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Movie Review: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this movie to DVD for some time now. I really wanted to see it in the theaters but never actually go to the theater to see it.



Nick and Norah meet at a club one night as Nick's band is playing. Nick is suffering from a broken heart after being dumped from his girlfriend, Tris. Norah is there enjoying the scene and "babysitting" her best friend Caroline. When Norah needs to prove she has a boyfriend to schoolmate Tris, she asks Nick to pretend to be hers for five minutes, not realizing he is Tris's ex!

The two begin an all night adventure of searching for a favorite band, Where's Fluffy, Caroline and discovering new friendships and experiences along the way. Oh, and a single piece of gum.

What I Thought:
I enjoyed the book and was anxious to see how the movie compared. I was very pleased! The movie differed a great deal from the book, but it kept the general idea. Which usually I get upset about, but rather enjoyed in this case. It provided enough of a difference to keep the premise fresh and new, yet kept the integrity of the overall story.

Watching this movie made me want to schedule a trip to NYC immediately. The music is great, which was no surprise when considering the premise of the movie.

I absolutely adore Michael Cera, and thought Kat Dennings did a great job, along with the rest of the cast.

Overall, highly recommended! This is a movie I would definitely watch again!

No comments: