Saturday, March 20, 2010

Goals for 2010--Updated

I have a good friend who has challenged herself to ready 100 books during 2010, and I think this is pretty darn cool.

So I'm going to challenge myself to the same thing. I like to think that I already read this many books in a year, but have never really kept track! This year, I am going to keep a running list.

Here's my restrictions:
*I pledge to read 100 books over the next 365 days.

*Picture books don't count in the challenge but I will continue reading those and blogging reviews.

*Kids novels, graphic novels, YA novels, adult novels, and nonfiction books that are not built like picture books will be included.

*At least 10 books must be Newbery Award winners.

*At least 8 books must be Printz Award winners or honors.

*I'll blog each book in the tally. You can check my progress here
-----Updated 3/20/10...Yeah, blogging each book isn't going to happen!  I went a while without blogging and I'm not going to go back and write them up.  Sorry.  Life got in the way.  It happens!----


I sure hope that I read much more than 100 books, but it will be a very busy spring semester for me with my graduate schoolwork and my job at the library, plus we are getting settled into a new house. (There's lots of painting, unpacking, organizing, yard work, looking for furniture in my future!) I'm not going to over-commit myself, I'll go CRAZY!

Want to join the fun? Come on! Let's spend 2010 reading!

4 comments:

Margie said...

I doubt I'll read 100, but I am sure I'll read at least 50 now that I've got a Kindle. You would LOVE it. It's just as cozy as any book, but not nearly as heavy. It is dangerous though: once you start buying your favorites for just $9, it's really hard to stop!

ttulizzy said...

I was telling hubs about your Kindle last night! I know I would love it, but the only downside is that I would probably go broke downloading books that I check out for free at the library! We always have the books I want to read...I order them! :)

When the price drops a little more I'm going to consider it more.

I know some libraries are checking out loaded Kindles, which I think is awesome. We won't do that anytime soon...just don't have the budget for that.

50 is a lot! You can do it!

unidiverse said...

I am in a book club called the Chic Lit Book Club and we were just talking about setting some kind of goal. Ours was by no means 100 books, most of the ladies in the club work, but we were thinking at least 30 books to include the one book a month that we read as a group.

ttulizzy said...

That's a great goal! I don't think I'll hit my goal...I was a bit lofty in my aspirations I believe. But that's okay.

Thanks for the comment, and enjoy your book club!